Clouds will increase today ahead of a storm system moving into Arizona.

Valley rain and high elevation snow is expected.

Timing on Valley rain looks to be late tonight, after 11 p.m., and continuing through the day Sunday.

The heaviest precipitation will fall through the overnight and early morning hours, with off and on showers possible until evening.

There's still a chance of showers Monday morning before the low pressure system pushes off to the east.

Rainfall totals may range from a quarter to a third of an inch in the Valley, and between a half to one inch in the high country.

Snow levels start at around 8000 feet Sunday morning and drop to about 6000 feet by Monday morning.

An inch of accumulation is possible down to 6000 feet.

Winds in the high country kick up today ahead of the storm, but should stay light in the Valley.

Behind the storm, temperatures take a plunge, with Valley highs starting off in the low 70s today and dropping to the mid 60s by Sunday.

From Tuesday through the remainder of the next work week, sunshine returns with dry weather.

For Phoenix today, look for partly sunny skies and a high of 72. There's a 60 percent chance of rain tonight with a low of 57. Sunday will include a 40 percent chance of showers with a high of 67.

A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for the Tonto Basin from 4 p.m. Sunday through 6 a.m. Monday.


Click/tap here to download the free azfamily mobile app.

Copyright 2019 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.


Recommended for you