GILBERT, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - The annual Gilbert Days Parade and the Gilbert Half Marathon and 10K are hitting the streets Saturday, and so are road restrictions and closures.
Gilbert Half Marathon & 10K Event Details:
- The Gilbert Half Marathon will begin at Higley High School at 7:30 a.m. and is anticipated to end at the Gilbert Public Schools District parking lot no later than 11:30 a.m.
- Rolling street closures will be in effect around Gilbert from 6:00 a.m. until noon. See a full list of street closures below.
Gilbert Days Parade Event Details:
- Gilbert Road will be closed from Guadalupe Road to Hackamore Street from 6:00 a.m. until noon.
- Parade participants will stage on the southbound side of Gilbert Road between Juniper Road and Guadalupe Road and in the southeast and southwest shopping center parking lots of Gilbert and Guadalupe Roads.
- At 8:30 a.m., the parade will head south on Gilbert Road from Juniper Avenue to the Gilbert School District building just south of Elliot Road. The parade is anticipated to conclude by 11:30 a.m. and Gilbert Road is expected to reopen at noon.
- Gilbert Road businesses may remain open. Please check with each business about operating hours and suggested parking availability.
According to the City of Gilbert, parking on Gilbert Road will not be permitted.
Businesses in the area will be accessible from surrounding streets or by foot. Neighborhoods in the area should be expecting increased traffic.
For more information on restrictions and parking, visit the city's website.