Phillies vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 21
The Philadelphia Phillies (83-69) host the New York Mets (71-81) to start a four-game series at Citizens Bank Park, with first pitch at 7:15 PM ET on Thursday. The Phillies are coming off a series victory over the Braves, and the Mets a series win over the Marlins.
The Phillies will give the ball to Ranger Suarez (3-6, 3.80 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 4 on the season, and the Mets will turn to David Peterson (3-8, 5.22 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Phillies vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Time: 7:15 PM ET
- TV: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Suarez - PHI (3-6, 3.80 ERA) vs Peterson - NYM (3-8, 5.22 ERA)
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Ranger Suárez
- The Phillies will send Suarez (3-6) to the mound for his 21st start this season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in six innings pitched against the St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 20 games this season with an ERA of 3.80, a 2.48 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.399.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his third consecutive quality start.
- Suarez has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has made 20 appearances and finished one of them without allowing an earned run.
Ranger Suárez vs. Mets
- The Mets have scored 672 runs this season, which ranks 20th in MLB. They have 1206 hits, 26th in baseball, with 201 home runs (11th in the league).
- The left-hander has faced the Mets one time this season, allowing them to go 5-for-23 with a home run and two RBI in 6 2/3 innings.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: David Peterson
- Peterson makes the start for the Mets, his 20th of the season. He is 3-8 with a 5.22 ERA and 113 strikeouts in 100 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Friday against the Cincinnati Reds, when the left-hander went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.22, with 10.2 strikeouts per nine innings in 25 games this season. Opponents are hitting .293 against him.
- Peterson is trying to record his fourth quality start of the year in this game.
- Peterson will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He's averaging four frames per outing.
- He has made six appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.