Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
Nico Hoerner carries a 10-game hitting streak into the Chicago Cubs' (78-70) game against the Arizona Diamondbacks (77-72) at 8:10 PM ET on Saturday, at Chase Field.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Cubs will send Kyle Hendricks (6-7) to the mound, while Zach Davies (2-5) will answer the bell for the Diamondbacks.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: ARID
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Hendricks - CHC (6-7, 3.86 ERA) vs Davies - ARI (2-5, 6.81 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Diamondbacks Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Diamondbacks|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Odds|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zach Davies
- Davies (2-5 with a 6.81 ERA and 64 strikeouts in 75 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 17th of the season.
- His last appearance was on Monday against the New York Mets, when the righty went four innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 16 games this season, the 30-year-old has an ERA of 6.81, with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .286 against him.
- Davies has registered three quality starts this season.
- Davies heads into this game with eight outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- In one of his appearances this season he did not give up an earned run.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kyle Hendricks
- The Cubs will send Hendricks (6-7) to the mound for his 22nd start this season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in 21 games this season with an ERA of 3.86, a 3.95 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.162.
- He has earned a quality start 10 times in 21 starts this season.
- Hendricks has pitched five or more innings in seven straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has two appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 21 chances this season.
Kyle Hendricks vs. Diamondbacks
- The Diamondbacks rank 13th in MLB with 685 runs scored this season. They have a .251 batting average this campaign with 159 home runs (20th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Diamondbacks to go 7-for-22 with two doubles and two RBI in 5 2/3 innings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.