Diamondbacks vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 14
Two pitchers with top-10 ERAs face off when Kodai Senga (3.07 ERA) gets the start for the New York Mets (67-78) against Merrill Kelly (3.27) and the Arizona Diamondbacks (76-71) on Thursday at 4:10 PM ET.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Mets will send Senga (10-7) to the mound, while Kelly (11-6) will take the ball for the Diamondbacks.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Diamondbacks vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV: SNY
- Location: Queens, New York
- Venue: Citi Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Senga - NYM (10-7, 3.07 ERA) vs Kelly - ARI (11-6, 3.27 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Diamondbacks Injury Report|
|Mets vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|Mets vs Diamondbacks Player Props|
|How to Watch Mets vs Diamondbacks|
|Mets vs Diamondbacks Odds|
|Mets vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Merrill Kelly
- Kelly (11-6) gets the starting nod for the Diamondbacks in his 27th start of the season. He has a 3.27 ERA in 154 2/3 innings pitched, with 165 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance came on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs, when the right-hander threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 34-year-old has a 3.27 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings in 26 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .224 to opposing batters.
- Kelly has 16 quality starts under his belt this year.
- Kelly is seeking his 26th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.9 frames per start.
- In three of his 26 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kodai Senga
- The Mets' Senga (10-7) will make his 27th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Saturday, when he tossed six innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 26 games this season with an ERA of 3.07, a 2.59 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.232.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his seventh consecutive quality start.
- Senga will look to finish five or more innings for the ninth start in a row.
- He has finished three appearances without allowing an earned run in 26 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 30-year-old's 3.07 ERA ranks sixth, 1.232 WHIP ranks 30th, and 10.9 K/9 ranks fifth.
Kodai Senga vs. Diamondbacks
- The Diamondbacks have scored 678 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .252 for the campaign with 157 home runs, 20th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 4-for-27 with a home run and an RBI in eight innings this season against the right-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.