Diamondbacks vs. Red Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 26
The Boston Red Sox (26-24) and Arizona Diamondbacks (29-21) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Chase Field, at 9:40 PM ET. The Red Sox are coming off a series defeat to the Angels, and the Diamondbacks a series win over the Phillies.
The Red Sox will give the nod to Chris Sale (4-2) versus the Diamondbacks and Brandon Pfaadt (0-1).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Diamondbacks vs. Red Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: BSAZ
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Sale - BOS (4-2, 5.01 ERA) vs Pfaadt - ARI (0-1, 7.65 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Brandon Pfaadt
- The Diamondbacks are sending Pfaadt (0-1) to the mound to make his fifth start of the season. He is 0-1 with a 7.65 ERA and 14 strikeouts through 20 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Saturday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In four games this season, the 24-year-old has a 7.65 ERA and 6.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .291 to opposing hitters.
- Pfaadt will look to extend a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging five innings per appearance).
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Chris Sale
- Sale (4-2) will take the mound for the Red Sox, his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw seven innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 34-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 5.01, a 4.77 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.172.
- He's looking to extend his four-game quality start streak.
- Sale has six starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 34-year-old's 5.01 ERA ranks 65th, 1.172 WHIP ranks 35th, and 11.1 K/9 ranks sixth.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.