Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
Published: May. 21, 2023 at 3:08 AM MST|Updated: May. 21, 2023 at 9:08 AM MST
The Arizona Diamondbacks (26-20) and Pittsburgh Pirates (24-21) play a rubber match on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET, with the series deadlocked at 1-1.
The Diamondbacks will look to Merrill Kelly (4-3) versus the Pirates and Roansy Contreras (3-4).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Kelly - ARI (4-3, 3.27 ERA) vs Contreras - PIT (3-4, 4.40 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Diamondbacks Injury Report|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Player Props|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Diamondbacks vs Pirates|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Odds|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Merrill Kelly
- Kelly (4-3) will take to the mound for the Diamondbacks and make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up one earned run on four hits in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 34-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with a 3.27 ERA and 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .197.
- He has started nine games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in five of them.
- Kelly will look to finish five or more innings for the ninth start in a row.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Roansy Contreras
- Contreras (3-4 with a 4.40 ERA and 32 strikeouts in 45 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Pirates, his ninth of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Saturday, May 13 against the Baltimore Orioles, when he tossed seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- In eight games this season, the 23-year-old has put up a 4.40 ERA and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .265 to opposing batters.
- Contreras has four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Contreras is aiming for his seventh straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.6 frames per start.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB play this season, the 23-year-old ranks 55th in ERA (4.40), 65th in WHIP (1.444), and 65th in K/9 (6.4).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.