Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 21
Published: May. 21, 2023 at 4:41 AM MST|Updated: May. 21, 2023 at 9:42 AM MST
Sunday's contest at PNC Park has the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-21) going head to head against the Arizona Diamondbacks (26-20) at 1:35 PM ET (on May 21). Our computer prediction projects a narrow 5-4 victory for the Pirates, so expect a competitive matchup.
The probable pitchers are Merrill Kelly (4-3) for the Diamondbacks and Roansy Contreras (3-4) for the Pirates.
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Score Prediction
Our pick for this matchup is Pirates 5, Diamondbacks 4.
Total Prediction for Diamondbacks vs. Pirates
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
|Diamondbacks Injury Report|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Player Props|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Diamondbacks vs Pirates|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Odds|
Diamondbacks Performance Insights
- In six games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, the Diamondbacks have a record of 3-3.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Arizona and its opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- In their last game with a spread, the Diamondbacks covered the spread.
- The Diamondbacks have been favorites in 19 games this season and won 11 (57.9%) of those contests.
- This season Arizona has won 11 of its 18 games, or 61.1%, when favored by at least -125 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 55.6% chance to win.
- Arizona is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking eighth with 234 total runs this season.
- The Diamondbacks' 4.66 team ERA ranks 22nd among all league pitching staffs.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 15||@ Athletics||W 5-2||Merrill Kelly vs Drew Rucinski|
|May 16||@ Athletics||L 9-8||Tommy Henry vs Kyle Muller|
|May 17||@ Athletics||W 5-3||Ryne Nelson vs Luis Medina|
|May 19||@ Pirates||L 13-3||Zac Gallen vs Johan Oviedo|
|May 20||@ Pirates||W 4-3||Brandon Pfaadt vs Mitch Keller|
|May 21||@ Pirates||-||Merrill Kelly vs Roansy Contreras|
|May 22||@ Phillies||-||Tommy Henry vs Zack Wheeler|
|May 23||@ Phillies||-||Ryne Nelson vs Taijuan Walker|
|May 24||@ Phillies||-||Zac Gallen vs Ranger Suárez|
|May 26||Red Sox||-||Brandon Pfaadt vs Chris Sale|
|May 27||Red Sox||-||Merrill Kelly vs Corey Kluber|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.