Virginia Tech vs. Ohio State Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
Published: Mar. 26, 2023 at 4:38 PM MST|Updated: Mar. 27, 2023 at 4:38 PM MST
Monday's contest at Climate Pledge Arena has the Virginia Tech Hokies (30-4) taking on the Ohio State Buckeyes (28-7) at 9:00 PM (on March 27). Our computer prediction projects a 71-68 victory for Virginia Tech, who is a slight favorite based on our model.
In their last time out, the Hokies won on Saturday 73-64 over Tennessee.
Virginia Tech vs. Ohio State Game Info
- When: Monday, March 27, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
Virginia Tech vs. Ohio State Score Prediction
- Prediction: Virginia Tech 71, Ohio State 68
Virginia Tech Schedule Analysis
- The Hokies captured their signature win of the season on February 16, when they beat the Duke Blue Devils, who rank No. 13 in the AP's Top 25, by a score of 61-45.
- The Hokies have tied for the second-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (14).
- Against Quadrant 2 opponents, Virginia Tech is 8-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the eighth-most victories.
Virginia Tech 2022-23 Best Wins
- 61-45 at home over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on February 16
- 73-64 over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on March 25
- 59-56 on the road over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on December 4
- 58-37 over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on March 4
- 81-79 at home over Louisville (No. 20) on January 12
Ohio State Schedule Analysis
- When the Buckeyes beat the Indiana Hoosiers (No. 2 in the AP's Top 25) on March 4 by a score of 79-75, it was their signature win of the season so far.
- When facing Quadrant 1 teams, the Buckeyes are 11-6 (.647%) -- tied for the seventh-most wins.
- Ohio State has tied for the 27th-most Quadrant 2 wins in the country (six).
Ohio State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 79-75 over Indiana (No. 2/AP Poll) on March 4
- 73-61 over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on March 25
- 87-75 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on November 8
- 96-77 on the road over Louisville (No. 20) on November 30
- 71-69 at home over North Carolina (No. 20/AP Poll) on March 20
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Virginia Tech Performance Insights
- The Hokies are outscoring opponents by 15.5 points per game with a +525 scoring differential overall. They put up 72.1 points per game (55th in college basketball) and give up 56.6 per outing (22nd in college basketball).
- In conference matchups, Virginia Tech averages fewer points per contest (68.9) than its season average (72.1).
- The Hokies put up 75.5 points per game at home, compared to 67.1 points per game in away games, a difference of 8.4 points per contest.
- Defensively, Virginia Tech has been better in home games this year, allowing 53.2 points per game, compared to 61.9 in road games.
- The Hokies' offense has been less effective over their last 10 games, putting up 66.6 points a contest compared to the 72.1 they've averaged this season.
Ohio State Performance Insights
- The Buckeyes put up 80.2 points per game (eighth in college basketball) while allowing 68 per outing (274th in college basketball). They have a +428 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 12.2 points per game.
- Ohio State has averaged 5.4 fewer points in Big Ten play (74.8) than overall (80.2).
- The Buckeyes are putting up more points at home (82.1 per game) than on the road (78).
- At home, Ohio State concedes 64.9 points per game. Away, it gives up 67.
- The Buckeyes are putting up 73 points per contest in their past 10 games, which is 7.2 fewer points than their average for the season (80.2).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.