Villanova vs. FGCU Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 19, 2023 at 12:40 AM MST|Updated: Mar. 20, 2023 at 8:41 AM MST
Monday's contest between the Villanova Wildcats (29-6) and Florida Gulf Coast Eagles (33-3) going head to head at The William B. Finneran Pavilion has a projected final score of 70-62 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of Villanova, who is listed as the favorite by our model. The game will start at 7:00 PM ET on March 20.
Their last time out, the Wildcats won on Saturday 76-59 over Cleveland State.
Villanova vs. FGCU Game Info
- When: Monday, March 20, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: The William B. Finneran Pavilion in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Villanova vs. FGCU Score Prediction
- Prediction: Villanova 70, FGCU 62
Villanova Schedule Analysis
- The Wildcats' signature win of the season came in a 63-61 victory on March 5 over the Creighton Bluejays, who rank inside the top 50 (No. 16) in our computer rankings.
- The Wildcats have tied for the 15th-most Quadrant 1 victories in the country (eight).
- Villanova has 10 wins over Quadrant 2 teams, the most in Division 1.
- When facing Quadrant 3 opponents, the Wildcats are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 46th-most wins.
Villanova 2022-23 Best Wins
- 63-61 over Creighton (No. 16) on March 5
- 73-57 on the road over Creighton (No. 16) on January 20
- 69-59 on the road over Princeton (No. 37) on November 11
- 72-50 over South Florida (No. 39) on November 27
- 54-52 on the road over Marquette (No. 40) on December 28
FGCU Schedule Analysis
- On March 18, the Eagles captured their signature win of the season, a 74-63 victory over the Washington State Cougars, who rank No. 23 in the AP's Top 25.
- According to the RPI, the Wildcats have seven wins versus Quadrant 3 teams, tied for the 46th-most in the nation.
- Against Quadrant 4 teams, FGCU is 14-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 39th-most wins.
FGCU 2022-23 Best Wins
- 74-63 over Washington State (No. 23/AP Poll) on March 18
- 69-63 on the road over Kentucky (No. 90) on December 18
- 84-60 at home over Liberty (No. 93) on March 11
- 70-53 at home over Liberty (No. 93) on January 2
- 68-60 over San Diego (No. 116) on November 20
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Villanova Performance Insights
- The Wildcats have a +434 scoring differential, topping opponents by 12.4 points per game. They're putting up 70.8 points per game to rank 70th in college basketball and are giving up 58.4 per outing to rank 43rd in college basketball.
- Villanova is putting up 70.5 points per game this season in conference matchups, which is 0.3 fewer points per game than its overall average (70.8).
- The Wildcats score 71.7 points per game at home, compared to 71.3 points per game in road games, a difference of 0.4 points per contest.
- Villanova allows 56.9 points per game when playing at home, compared to 55.1 when playing on the road.
- In their last 10 games, the Wildcats have been scoring 70.6 points per contest, an average that's slightly lower than the 70.8 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
FGCU Performance Insights
- The Eagles have a +789 scoring differential, topping opponents by 21.9 points per game. They're putting up 77.9 points per game, 18th in college basketball, and are giving up 56 per outing to rank 20th in college basketball.
- FGCU has averaged 4.2 more points in ASUN games (82.1) than overall (77.9).
- The Eagles are scoring fewer points at home (76.3 per game) than away (82).
- In 2022-23 FGCU is giving up 5.7 fewer points per game at home (51.7) than away (57.4).
- The Eagles have performed worse offensively in their past 10 games, posting 73.4 points per contest, 4.5 fewer points their than season average of 77.9.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.