UCLA vs. Sacramento State Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 13, 2023 at 4:41 PM MST|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 4:38 PM MST
Saturday's contest between the UCLA Bruins (25-9) and Sacramento State Hornets (25-7) matching up at Pauley Pavilion has a projected final score of 72-58 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of heavily favored UCLA, so expect a lopsided matchup. The game will tip off at 11:30 PM ET on March 18.
The Bruins are coming off of a 65-61 loss to Washington State in their last outing on Sunday.
UCLA vs. Sacramento State Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 11:30 PM ET
- Where: Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, California
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
UCLA vs. Sacramento State Score Prediction
- Prediction: UCLA 72, Sacramento State 58
UCLA Schedule Analysis
- In their signature win of the season, the Bruins beat the No. 5 Stanford Cardinal, 69-65, on March 3.
- The Bruins have nine Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the ninth-most in Division I. But they also have nine Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 35th-most.
- UCLA has tied for the 21st-most Quadrant 2 victories in the nation (six).
UCLA 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-65 over Stanford (No. 5/AP Poll) on March 3
- 80-63 over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on November 20
- 73-59 over Arizona (No. 25/AP Poll) on March 2
- 72-65 over South Dakota State (No. 25) on November 19
- 73-66 on the road over Washington State (No. 23/AP Poll) on January 22
Sacramento State Schedule Analysis
- The Hornets' best win this season came in a 63-50 victory against the UTEP Miners on November 26.
- Sacramento State has 13 wins against Quadrant 3 opponents, tied for the 48th-most in Division 1.
Sacramento State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 63-50 over UTEP (No. 110) on November 26
- 76-63 over Northern Arizona (No. 111) on March 8
- 82-73 at home over Montana State (No. 115) on February 23
- 82-74 at home over Eastern Washington (No. 122) on January 7
- 70-68 at home over UCSB (No. 127) on November 19
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
UCLA Performance Insights
- The Bruins' +283 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 8.3 points per game) is a result of scoring 70.2 points per game (84th in college basketball) while giving up 61.9 per contest (108th in college basketball).
- On offense, UCLA is scoring 67.7 points per game this season in conference action. To compare, its overall average (70.2 points per game) is 2.5 PPG higher.
- Offensively, the Bruins have fared better at home this season, posting 71.6 points per game, compared to 67.4 per game when playing on the road.
- Defensively, UCLA has played better in home games this season, allowing 58.8 points per game, compared to 65.4 in road games.
- In their last 10 games, the Bruins have been putting up 67.1 points per game, an average that's slightly lower than the 70.2 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Sacramento State Performance Insights
- The Hornets put up 69.3 points per game (99th in college basketball) while giving up 59.7 per outing (66th in college basketball). They have a +307 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 9.6 points per game.
- In conference action, Sacramento State is scoring more points (71.6 per game) than it is overall (69.3) in 2022-23.
- The Hornets are putting up more points at home (71.7 per game) than away (67.5).
- In 2022-23 Sacramento State is giving up 2.8 fewer points per game at home (59.7) than away (62.5).
- The Hornets are posting 73.6 points per game over their last 10 games, compared to their season average of 69.3.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.