Iowa State vs. Toledo Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 12:38 AM MST|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 8:39 AM MST
Saturday's game between the Iowa State Cyclones (22-9) and the Toledo Rockets (28-4) at Thompson-Boling Arena is expected to be a lopsided matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 74-63 and heavily favors Iowa State to take home the win. Game time is at 3:30 PM ET on March 18.
The Cyclones are coming off of a 61-51 victory against Texas in their last game on Sunday.
Iowa State vs. Toledo Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, Tennessee
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Iowa State vs. Toledo Score Prediction
- Prediction: Iowa State 74, Toledo 63
Iowa State Schedule Analysis
- In their signature win of the season, the Cyclones defeated the No. 10 Villanova Wildcats, 74-62, on December 18.
- The Cyclones have eight Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the 14th-most in Division I. But they also have eight Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 47th-most.
- Iowa State has eight wins against Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 11th-most in Division 1.
Iowa State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 74-62 over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on December 18
- 61-51 over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on March 12
- 66-61 at home over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on February 13
- 82-72 over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on March 11
- 86-78 at home over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on January 28
Toledo Schedule Analysis
- The Rockets' signature win of the season came in a 71-68 victory against the No. 18 Michigan Wolverines on December 8.
- The Rockets have two wins versus Quadrant 1 opponents, tied for the 49th-most in the country.
- When facing Quadrant 2 opponents, Toledo is 4-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 45th-most wins.
- Toledo has tied for the 22nd-most Quadrant 4 victories in the nation (15).
Toledo 2022-23 Best Wins
- 71-68 on the road over Michigan (No. 18/AP Poll) on December 8
- 73-58 over Bowling Green (No. 70) on March 11
- 62-56 at home over Bowling Green (No. 70) on March 4
- 72-70 on the road over Ball State (No. 71) on February 25
- 83-76 at home over Ball State (No. 71) on January 11
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Iowa State Performance Insights
- The Cyclones are outscoring opponents by 11.4 points per game with a +353 scoring differential overall. They put up 75.5 points per game (30th in college basketball) and allow 64.1 per outing (176th in college basketball).
- Iowa State is putting up 73.3 points per game this season in conference matchups, which is 2.2 fewer points per game than its season average (75.5).
- The Cyclones average 78.1 points per game at home, compared to 73.8 points per game on the road, a difference of 4.3 points per contest.
- Defensively, Iowa State has played better in home games this year, allowing 58.6 points per game, compared to 72.5 in road games.
- The Cyclones have been scoring 74.5 points per contest in their last 10 times on the court, an average that's a little lower than the 75.5 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Toledo Performance Insights
- The Rockets put up 73.6 points per game (45th in college basketball) while allowing 62.4 per outing (119th in college basketball). They have a +357 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 11.2 points per game.
- In MAC games, Toledo has averaged 1.3 more points (74.9) than overall (73.6) in 2022-23.
- The Rockets are scoring more points at home (74.9 per game) than on the road (73.1).
- At home, Toledo gives up 59.7 points per game. Away, it allows 65.3.
- The Rockets are scoring 72.4 points per game in their previous 10 games, which is 1.2 fewer points than their average for the season (73.6).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.