Chef Gio Osso from Virtu Honest Craft shares a recipe for a fresh citrus salad with tuna.
• 1 ruby red grapefruit (segmented)
• 1 lisbon lemon (segmented)
• 1 naval orange (segmented)
• 1 tangelo (segmented)
• 1 fennel bulb sliced thin
• 1 small red onion sliced thin
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 2 tablespoons chopped marcona almonds
• 2 teaspoons torn mint leaves
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 6oz portions of tuna
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
When segmenting the citrus, reserve all the excess juice.
In a mixing bowl combine the citrus, fennel, onion, almonds and mint.
In another mixing bowl whisk together the excess citrus juice and honey.
Once combined, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to make a dressing.
Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the brown sugar, chile powder and salt.
Season the tuna with this mixture and sear over high heat for 20 seconds on each side.
On your choice of plate arrange the salad in the center of the plate.
Slice the tuna and place around the salad.
Drizzle the dressing on and around the tuna. Bon Appetit!