Founder and Food Blogger Renee Fuentes with ThaiCaliente.com shares a slow cooker recipe for a delicious chili dish.
• 2 teaspoon olive oil
• 2-pound ground turkey can use 1 pound of turkey for less meat
• 1 small onion chopped
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• 1 teaspoon of chili powder
• 2 teaspoons of cumin
• 1 teaspoon of oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 1 15 ounce can of white northern beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 15 ounce can of whole chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• Optional 1 can of corn
• 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
• 1 4.5 ounce can of chopped green chiles Mild or Hot diced green chilies for spice or you can omit for no spice.
• 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth or I use chicken bouillon and water
• 2 bay leaves
• Salt and Pepper to taste
Shredded cheese, greek yogurt, or sour cream, chopped cilantro, or chives.
Chips or cornbread make great additions too.
Press Saute function on Instant Pot, add oil, onions, and garlic. Saute till soft and remove.
Leave on Saute function, add ground turkey and brown, breaking it up until fully cooked.
Add onions and garlic back to the pot, along with beans, pumpkin puree, green chiles, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
Close lid, and place valve to Sealing. Set timer to 25 min, high pressure.
Once timer goes off, do a quick release. Remove lid, take out bay leaves, stir chili and taste for more seasoning.
Heat a large heavy saute pan over high heat and 2 tsp of oil
Add onions, garlic, and sauté until onions become soft. Add to crock pot.
Add turkey and brown, breaking it up until fully cooked. Add to crock pot.
Add beans, pumpkin puree, green chiles, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Remove bay leaves and add more salt or pepper if needed.