Chef Perry Rea from Queen Creek Olive Mill shares a recipe for a vibrant and creamy pasta salad.
• 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
• 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
• 3/4 cup broccoli florets, blanched
• 1/3 cup shredded carrots
• 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
• 1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons Queen Creek Olive Mill Balanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoon Queen Creek Olive Mill White Balsamic Vinegar
• Bunch of Italian Parsley
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Place tortellini in the pot, and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until al dente.
Drain, and cool.
In a large bowl, gently toss the cooked tortellini, red bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, and olives.
In a separate bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, pesto, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and vinegar.
Pour over the tortellini and vegetables, and gently toss to coat.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Cover, and place in the refrigerator 1 hour until chilled.