Our very own Suzanne Bissett shares a simple and fresh recipe for a great salsa.
• 1 1/2 pounds of cherry or grape tomatoes, diced
• 1/2 cup finely diced onion
• 1 jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and minced
• 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and minced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
• 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1 pinch white sugar
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves
• 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
• salt to taste
Drain tomatoes in a strainer for 15 minutes.
Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, serrano pepper, and garlic in a large bowl.
Pour lime juice over the top.
Stir in oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, sugar, mint, and cilantro.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Season with salt to taste.