Registered Dietitian Jamie Miller from Village Health Clubs & Spas shares a simple recipe for a healthy green salad.
• 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed, stringed, cut in half on diagonal
• 1 bunch of asparagus, tender tops only
• 1 bunch radishes (about 6 ounces), trimmed, thinly sliced
• 3 green onions, thinly sliced
• 4 ounces feta, crumbled
• 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
• 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
Fill a large bowl with ice water; set aside.
Cook peas and asparagus tips in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
Drain from the hot water then transfer to the bowl with ice water to cool.
Once cooled, transfer to a kitchen towel to dry.
Toss peas, asparagus, sliced radishes, sliced green onion, and feta in a large bowl.
Add oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest to salad and toss to coat.
Season salad with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
Garnish with fresh mint.