Chef Christopher from The Collins Small Batch Kitchen shares a recipe for a simple and yummy spam hash.
• 1 pound of yukon/red potatoes, 1” chunks
• 1/2 pound of spam, 3/4” dice
• 1 cup yellow onion, 1” dice
• 2 tablespoons of bacon fat
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
Cut 2 14” piece of aluminum foil. Divide hash mix in two and add to the center of each foil packet.
Fold up all 4 sides of each packet over the potatoes, covering
completely and sealing the packets tightly closed.
Roast over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.