Owner and Chef Maggie from Wisked Away shares an easy recipe for a skillet pizza.
• 1/2 pound of sweet Italian sausage
• 1 medium onion thinly sliced
• 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 store-bought pizza dough
• 12 ounces of Mozzarella cheese sliced
• 1 1/2 of ounces sliced pepperoni
• 1/2 cup pizza sauce
Preheat oven to 450F.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until lightly browned and almost cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and onions and continue to cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove sausage mixture from pan.
Next, coat the skillet with the extra virgin olive oil. Put your dough down into the pan and push it up around the sides about 1 1/2 inches. Let rest for a few minutes.
Place half of the cheese slices on top of the dough. Then add the sauce, sausage mixture and pepperoni. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese and sauce are bubbly.
Let rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately.