Chef Tony Hamati from Schmooze Restaurant shares a recipe for a tasty sauteed shrimp cocktail just in time for the holidays.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 pound of jumbo shrimp
• 1 tablespoon of herbs de Provence
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
• 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons of whole-grain mustard
• 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and herbs de Provence.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the shrimp, stirring frequently, until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes each side.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup, turmeric, and basil until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place the yogurt mixture in a dipping bowl.
Place bowl on a serving platter along with cooked shrimp