Chef Tony Hamati from Schmooze shares an easy recipe for a tasty breakfast bowl.
• 1 large egg, at room temperature
• 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 cup lacinato kale, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
• 1/3 cup halved cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 ripe avocado
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring 3 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Add egg; boil 6 minutes. Plunge egg into ice water; let stand 1 minute. Drain and peel.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds.
Add kale; cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Combine quinoa, kale, tomatoes, and avocado in a bowl.
Drizzle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
Place egg on top; slice egg in half.