Chef Tony Hamati from Schmooze Restaurant shares a recipe for a sweet crostini for a great appetizer.
• slices of French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 cup pomegranate seeds
• 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
• 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with butter.
Bake until lightly toasted, 4-6 minutes.
Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Beat cream cheese, orange juice and honey until blended; spread over toasts.
Top with remaining ingredients.