Chef Jeff from Elote Cafe shares a delicious recipe for chicken tacos that everyone will enjoy.
• 2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs
• 1 cup of orange juice
• 1 cup of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of onion powder
• 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 tablespoon of Guajillo chiles powder
• 1 tablespoon of Chipotle chiles powder
• 1 teaspoon of cumin
• 1 teaspoon of allspice
• 1 tablespoon of honey
Puree all ingredients to make the marinate for the chicken.
Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 2 hours but up to 36 hours.
On a hot grill or cast-iron pan over high heat, cook the chicken for about 4 minutes per side or until slightly charred and cooked through.
Slice the chicken into serving pieces and serve on top of lightly oiled warm corn tortillas.
Top with Avocado de Gallo and or Tomatillo Salsa Fresca along with some finely shredded lettuce.