Chef Joey Maggiore from The Maggiore Group shares a recipe for a tasty dinner dish.
• Kosher salt / black pepper to taste Or Calabrian pepper
• Spaghetti or linguine
• 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 2 pounds Littleneck clams (40 to 45), scrubbed
• 1/4 Italian parsley, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
In large pot over high heat, bring 4 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of kosher salt to a boil.
Bring to boil add dried pasta or wait for fresh pasta.
Meanwhile, in a very large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking.
Add the garlic and sauté until just golden, about 30 seconds.
Add the clams kosher salt, parsley brown then add the wine.
Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, until the clams open, 6 to 8 minutes.
Discard any unopened clams.
Add the pasta to the sauté pan with the clams and cook the linguini with the clams, tossing occasionally, until the pasta absorbs most of the sauce.
If necessary, add some of reserved cooking water to keep moist.