Chef Tony Hamati from Schmooze shares a recipe for a healthy lemon salmon dish.
• 1 lemon, halved
• 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
• 3/4 teaspoon paprika
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• Pinch of red pepper flakes
• 1 1-pound bag frozen baby lima beans
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 4 5-ounce skinless center-cut salmon
Slice 1 lemon half into 4 thin rounds and set aside.
Grate the zest of the other lemon half and set aside; squeeze some of the juice into a bowl and mix in the yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
Preheat the broiler. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is golden, about 2 minutes.
Add the lima beans, 1 1/2 cups water and the lemon zest; partially cover the pan, bring to a simmer and cook until the beans are tender, about 20 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, 1 tablespoon of the yogurt mixture and the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
Meanwhile, mix the remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
Sprinkle all over the salmon; arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and top each fillet with a lemon slice.
Broil until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve with the lima beans and top with the yogurt mixture.