Owner and Chef Lori Hashimoto from Hana Japanese Eatery shares a recipe for a flavorful kare udon dish.
• 1 Chicken breast (thinly sliced)
• 2 pack Udon noodles
• 3 ounces of Curry (S&B Japanese curry med-hot)
• 3 1/2 cups of Dashi stock
• 1 Carrot (large, sliced thin diagonally)
• 1/2 Onion (Medium, sweet, sliced thin)
• 1/4 Green cabbage (cored, cut 1/4 inch thick)
• 10 snow peas (threaded)
• Beni shoga (pickled ginger) to garnish
• Green onions (thinly sliced) to garnish
Heat 4 quarts of water to a boil and add noodles, cook for 8 minutes.
Strain and divide into serving bowls while hot.
On Med-High heat add Dashi stock and chicken to a pot and bring to a boil.
Add cabbage, carrots, onion and continue boiling for 6-8 minutes then add curry.
Stir occasionally and continue boiling until curry is dissolved.
Add snow peas last to retain crispness.
Add curry to your divided bowl of noodles, garnish with Beni shoga and green onions and enjoy!