Barbara Fenzl from Les Gourmettes Cooking School shares a fast and easy recipe for a yummy appetizer, Chicken nachos.
• 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
• 8 ounces of cream cheese softened
• 1 poblano chile, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
• 3 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
• 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon of cumin
• 1-1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• Approximately 6 dozen flat tortilla chips (2-1/2 inches wide)
With an electric mixer, cream together all the ingredients except the tortilla chips until well blended.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use but bring to room temperature before assembling so the mixture is spreadable.
When ready, preheat broiler.
Evenly spread each chip with a generous amount of the mixture.
Arrange chips on a baking sheet and broil about 3 minutes away from the heat until puffed and golden.
Transfer nachos to a platter. Serve warm and enjoy!