Chef Danielle Leoni from the Breadfruit & Rum Bar shares a simple Jamaican style fish stew that is easy to make.
• 1 Tablespoon of pickapeppa sauce (you can find at Walmart or Target)
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 teaspoon of pimento
• 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar
• ¾ cup of brown fish sauce
• 1 piece of bammy, cut in half
• 6 ounces of fish chunks
Mix pickapeppa sauce, salt, black pepper, pimento and white vinegar in a bowl.
Rub the fish chunks with the marinade and let it sit for 30 minutes.
In a saute pan on medium heat, add the brown fish sauce, bammy and fish chunks.
Let it simmer on medium to low heat for about 6 minutes or until fish reaches 135 degrees internal temperature.