Registered Dietitian Jamie Miller from Camelback Village shares a recipe for a delicious chicken soup.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 large celery stalks, chopped
• 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 10 cloves garlic, minced
• 8 cups bone broth
• 2 bay leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
• 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
• 1 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
• 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (no salt added), drained and rinsed
• 3 cups shredded chicken
• 2 cups baby kale leaves
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking another 3 minutes.
Stir in the bone broth, bay leaves, turmeric, crushed red pepper, salt and chickpeas; bringing to a boil.
Mix in shredded chicken, cover and turn down heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add kale, cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Discard bay leaves, serve and enjoy!