Chef Eugenia from Essence Bakery Cafe shares an easy recipe for yummy chocolate molten lava cakes.
• 4 ounces sweet butter cut into small pieces
• 6 ounces of dark chocolate chips
• 2 eggs
• 2 egg yolks
• 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 teaspoon of dark rum
• 1 1/2 tablespoon of sifted flour
• 6 ramekins, small soufflé cups or muffin tins greased and dusted with flour
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine chocolate and butter in medium-sized bowl. Place bowl with chocolate over pan of simmering water to create a double boiler. Melt chocolate and butter slowly, stir until smooth and melted.
Combine eggs and egg yolks in medium size mixing bowl. Add sugar and mix with hand mixer or in mixer until pale yellow and thick. Add rum and vanilla extract. Add warm, melted chocolate to egg mixture. Sprinkle in flour and combine.
Place ramekins or soufflé cups on cookie sheet.
Divide chocolate mixture between the 6 ramekins and fill to top.
Place chocolate-filled ramekins in middle of oven and bake about 6-7 minutes until edges are set, puffed but still feels soft and squishy.
Remove from oven and allow to set for 1-2 minutes and turn cakes out onto serving dish.
Serve with whipped cream, fresh berries, caramel sauce or ice cream.