Renee Fuentes Food Blogger and Founder of ThaiCaliente.com shares a recipe for a tasty taco pasta.
• 10 ounces of medium pasta shells cooked to al dente
• 1 pound of ground beef
• 1 tablespoon of Taco Seasoning
• 4 ounces of cream cheese cubed
• 8 ounces of red enchilada sauce
• 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend
• Optional toppings: tomatoes, avocado, green onion, cilantro or sour cream
Cook pasta shells to al dente according to package directions.
Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
Season beef with Taco Seasoning and add cubed cream cheese.
Combine until cheese is melted then add enchilada sauce and combine.
Once pasta shells are cooked, ladle with a slotted spoon into the ground beef mixture.
The pasta water will help it thicken.
Turn off the heat, add shredded Mexican cheese blend, and combine until cheese is melted.
If pasta seems to dry, add 1/4 cup of milk to make it creamier.
Serve with optional toppings.