Chef Danielle Leoni from Breadfruit and Rum Bar shares a Jamaican flatbread that is tasty and gluten free.
• 3 cups of cassava flour
• 1 Tablespoon of salt
• 2 ¼ cup and 2 Tablespoons of water
• Coconut milk – to soak
In a large bowl combine the cassava flour and salt.
Mix in water to make a stiff dough, should not be moist or crumble.
Roll out into ½” think slab.
Using the largest ring mold, punch out dough. Bammy weigh approximately 3 ½ to 4 ounces each.
Repeat rolling and punching out dough until no dough left.
In fryer, fry for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oil, submerge completely in coconut milk.
- Soak in coconut milk at room temperature for 3 minutes.
- Remove excess coconut milk from Bammy.
- Immediately refry Bammy for another 3 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate to store.