Perry Rea, Owner, Queen Creek Olive Mill shares a refreshing recipe for a wonderful Greek salad.
• 3 ripe Roma tomatoes
• 1 medium cucumber
• 20 Greek Kalamata black olives
• 1/2 small red onion
• 1/2 green bell pepper
• 1 chunk of sheep feta cheese
• 6 tablespoons Queen Creek Olive Mill Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more for drizzling
• 1 teaspoon of Dry Greek Oregano
• 3 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
• Kosher Salt
Cut the tomato into wedges.
Peel the cucumber and cut in quarters lengthwise, then slice about ½ inch thick.
Slice onion and green bell pepper in thin slices.
Put tomatoes and cucumbers in a shallow bowl and combine.
Place the thinly sliced onion and pepper on top.
Add the olives.
Sprinkle with oregano.
Drizzle with some olive oil and a splash of vinegar.
Add salt to taste.
Place a piece of feta on top and sprinkle the feta with oregano and another drizzle of olive oil.