Chef Tony Hamati from Schmooze Bar & Breakfast Restaurant shares an easy recipe for an Asian chicken salad.
• 1 large carrot, peeled
• 3 cups shredded napa cabbage, from 1 small cabbage
• 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce, from 1 small lettuce
• 1 cup shredded red cabbage
• 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and deveined, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil leaves
• 2 cups thinly sliced rotisserie chicken
• 1 tablespoon toasted white or black sesame seeds
• 1/4 cup peanut oil
• 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter
• 1/2 sweet chili sauce
Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrot and add to a large salad bowl.
Stir in the cabbage, lettuce, pepper, Thai basil, chicken and sesame seeds.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, peanut and sweet chili sauce until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if using.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.