Springtime in Arizona is one of the most beautiful times to be outdoors, especially in the garden. It is also allergy season. Here are the Top 5 Allergy Kickers You Can Grow at Home.
1. Pansy Flowers: Natural antihistamines. Try the 5 for 30 rule -eat 5 pansy buds, wait 30 minutes and if you still have allergy symptoms they take a pill.
2. Peppermint: Made into a tea, a Steam treatment, or just straight up fresh it's natures original vapor-rub to loosen up your congestion and sooth the overactive sinuses.
3. Kale: In all its varieties, even the Flowering Kale are a healthy, immune-boosting add to any salad, soup, our sauce.
4. Citrus: Tis the season! From blood Oranges, grapefruit, to lemons, and more these Vitamin C-packed fruits will help support balance in your body's auto-immune response to whatever triggers your allergic reaction to (many other varieties shared as well).
5. Chamomile: Recognized the world-over as a natural antihistamine, one or two cups of chamomile tea, sweetened with wild-flower honey (or whatever allergen you are most allergic to) will boost your antibodies and improve your immunity to them!