Mimi, Arizona’s own curly hair specialist and owner of Dream Curls salon in Old Town Scottsdale discusses the basics about curly hair and how-to best care for your types of curls.
There are four basic types of curly hair; wavy, classic curly, tight corkscrew curl and kinky coily hair. They all tend to be dry & frizzy so shampooing should be limited to 2 times a week but can be rinsed and conditioned daily. They all should be deep conditioned by hydrating mask whenever possible and if they are chemically treated, they need to be treated with hair treatments that infuse keratin into the hair to repair the hair.
• Wavy hair has a very loose elongated S pattern and tends to be a little flat and straight. Recommendation: Ouidad haircut, and volumizing and curling product
• Classic Curly hair has a defined S pattern and is usually curly from root to end.
Recommendation: Ouidad Haircut and Moisturizing products
• Tight corkscrew curly and the Kinky coily hair
Recommended: Dry haircut and Extreme hydration, clarifying shampoo and cream rinses
Ouidad Certified Stylists get curls like no one else; they are trained exclusively for curly hair and know how to get the most beauty out of every curl type. Plus, they will teach you how best to care for your kind of curl with specialty products designed for your type of curls:
Presented Products included:
1. Shampoo and Conditioner - Curl Bliss Pure Awakening and Ouidad Vital Curl
2. Styling Products Curl Bliss and Ouidad; Cream, & Mousse
3. Treatment Biolage Hydrasource Mask, Ouidad Extreme Repair Mask Olaplex
4. For Shine Ouidad Argan Oil
Whether your curls are loose, classic, tight, or kinky, the hairdressers at Dream Curls Salon know exactly what your curls need.
For appointments and products please visit our website: www.dreamcurlssalon.com