KIND Hospitality Hosting Massive, Multi-Location Hiring Event Jan. 14 & Jan. 15
Kind Hospitality, which also operates Barrio Brewing Co. and Panera Bread, will host a four-session hiring fair at ten of their restaurant locations from 8:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. and again from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14 and Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020, at ten different locations spanning the state. Among the biggest two-day hiring events in Arizona history, the event is also unique in that attendees can apply at any of the hiring fair's ten locations for any of the jobs available at any Kind locations.
View all ten hosting locations, and positions available at https://kindhospitality.com/hiring-fair/
Those who are unable to attend Kind Hospitality's upcoming ten-location fair may alternatively apply online. To do so or learn more about Kind Hospitality and its family of restaurant concepts, check out https://kindhospitality.com/.
English Rose Tea Room
Established in 2002, the English Rose Tea Room has been regularly voted Best Place for Afternoon Tea by Phoenix Magazine.
With an interior to rival the Ritz Hotel and a romantic, shady patio for tea al fresco, the English Rose Tea Room is a true gem in the desert. From scones and crumpets, to cottage pie or a Ploughman's lunch, you are guaranteed a culinary experience to remember. All the teas are loose leaf and with over 50 to choose from you can find the perfect brew to suit any tea lover's palette. Bring your best hat, or borrow one from a dress-up trunk full of vintage chapeaus, and relish in the utterly civilized pleasure of taking time for tea.
Need a brush up on those tea party manners? The Tea Room holds regular etiquette classes for young ladies and gentlemen with trained Etiquette Instructor and Owner of the Tea Room, Jo Gemmill. Want to know how to host a Bridal Shower, Birthday party or Baby Shower? Call the Tea Room and we would be glad to assist in planning your event. Open 7 days a week, call us at English Rose Tea Room at (480) 488-4812 or sign up for our newsletter, "Inform-A-La-Tea".
For more information: https://carefreetea.com/
English Rose Tearoom 201 Easy St #103, Carefree, AZ 85377
Arizona Animal Welfare League
In the last month, AAWL has taken in nine emaciated dogs from Rural Rescue Program partners across the state. On the body scale for dogs, which is ranked 1 to 9 with the higher the number associated with more weight, all dogs are ranked as 2 or less. AAWL wants to share these dogs' stories to show the importance of its medical outreach and work with shelters in remote areas of the state. All nine dogs are currently under observation at AAWL while they heal and eventually prepare for a forever family.
- AAWL was able to drive hours to bring these animals to our shelter and under the care of our medical team, which allows our partner rescue to use their resources for rescuing more animals.
Why is this body scale rating significant?
- Besides the obvious loss of muscle and no fat for energy, being that skinny also can also cause organ failure. Animals and people that skinny must be on a very strict feeding program to slowly allow them to gain weight over weeks. If they are fed normal amounts or allowed to "free feed," it can cause refeeding syndrome and they could die. This syndrome has most commonly been seen in POW's and concentration camp survivors during WWII.
How were these dogs found?
- Roni, the Great Dane, was found in an open mine. It took members of the community one month to finally catch her. For her age, she should be 120 lbs. she was 65lbs when they found her.
- Smith has lost so much muscle mass it is difficult for him to stand up after sitting, and his legs splay out when he sits because he isn't strong enough to hold them together. His face is also sunken in from loss of muscle and body fat.
Where are the dogs?
- Some dogs are living in foster homes with employees, while others are being fostered in offices at AAWL. Since they have no body fat, they cannot be in a normal kennel because their bodies cannot keep them warm, even with AAWL's building heaters and heated floors.
- They are all now making great progress, albeit slow for their own safety.
For more information on visit: https://aawl.org/ or phone: 602-273-6852
AAWL - 25 N 40th Street Phoenix AZ 85034
Pinspiration is always changing up the studio to bring customers the hottest creative trends and a new addition to the studio is a water table which is an interactive experience with the art of marbling! Customers can create a one-of-a-kind hand marbled silk scarf.
Pinspiration is the ultimate destination for crafty makers and shakers! Pinspiration, is a DIY art studio the world's first DIY, Pinterest-inspired makerspace. The local art studio and wine bar on High Street in North Phoenix has over 60, ready-to-go project kits for you to choose from. Pinspiration offers both open-ended art experiences and tutorials for those in need of inspiration and assistance and is the crafting Mecca if you want a place to go to make a handmade gift.
Budget-friendly, there is no need to go out and buy a bunch of supplies you don't need. Pinspiration's hip studio provides guests access to a variety of high-quality art supplies and tools. Just like a restaurant, you pick your project and can personalize it and dazzle it as much as you would like. Projects run anywhere from $10-$65 and there are no DIY fails here. Don't forget the drinks and snacks, as well as a wine/beer bar to get those creative juices flowing.
Please call ahead at 480-636-8010 or email email@example.com before visiting so we can make sure your space is reserved for your group.
Visit their website at: www.pinspiration.com
Pinspiration 5410 E. High Street, Ste 105, Phoenix, AZ 85054
Dr. Kevin Leman / Author
- Parenting Night
- Jan 14th / 6pm
- Leman Academy of Excellence
- 3761 S. Power Rd. In Mesa
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/DrKevinLeman/