Merry Main Street
Mesa’s Christmas Tree
- The Mesa Chamber of Commerce has sponsored Mesa’s official Christmas tree. Check it out on Macdonald north of Main Street.
Winter Wonderland Ice Rink
- Downtown Mesa will have an ice-skating rink just outside City Plaza. The Winter Wonderland Ice Rink is a great way to enjoy the amazing winter weather while skating under the stars.
Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest
- Start (or end) your journey down Merry Main Street, Fridays or Saturdays, at Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest at Pioneer Park. While you are there, enjoy a classic holiday movie or take a free ride on the Main Street Express Train!
Visits with Santa
- FREE visits with Santa Fridays and Saturdays! Bring your cell phone or camera for pictures.
Mesa’s Christmas Market
- Magical and festive experience shopping around Mesa’s Christmas Tree. Our shelves will be stocked with unique, Santa-approved gifts for all ages.
- In the tradition of that magical train, carrying children to meet Santa Claus, come join us as we zoom down Merry Main Street. In our special Light Rail car, we will sing songs, enjoy cookies and, best of all, maybe meet Santa! Wear your pajamas and enjoy the season in the childlike and festive tradition of the Polar Express. December 6 & 7, December 13 & 14, from 6:00pm to 10:00pm.
Santa’s sELFie Stations
- You can create new memories and your own holiday card at Santa’s sELFie Stations. Look for stations near the Christmas Tree and along Main Street.
Mesa Farmers Market & Flea
- A year-round market for local businesses, is ready to celebrate the holiday season. Families and community members will enjoy the newly renovated Pioneer Park, the perfect setting for outdoor shopping, eating, taking a picture with Santa (9AM-11AM) or riding the trackless train while listening to music.
Holiday Happenings at the MAC
- Purchase a ticket to a Performing Live! show or enjoy other holiday events like the Mesa Arts Festival or spark! After Dark. Visit www.mesaartscenter.com for details and tickets.
For more information on Merry Main Street visit: http://merrymainst.com/
Alicia Markham: Cyber Monday deals
To see the complete list of great deals on Cyber Monday visit: www.dealsinaz.com
Queen of Clean: Coconut Oil
Amazing Coconut Oil - It cleans it all from showers to leather.
To learn more about visit: https://queenofclean.com/video-category/coconut-oil-the-safe-natural-cleaner/
Condesa, a neighborhood restaurant, café and craft cocktail bar in downtown Phoenix’s Renaissance Square opens today, Dec. 2 to the downtown Phoenix community and launches breakfast and lunch menu inspired by a worldly travel and culinary destination.
- The globally-influenced food inspired by Condesa, a Mexico City neighborhood, will focus on Mediterranean mod, Israeli-inspired staples and new American cuisine.
- Condesa will start serving breakfast and lunch on Dec. 2 and dinner later in the month.
- Condesa Takeaway Café is at the center of the restaurant with a coffee counter serving San Francisco’s Sightglass Coffee as well as fast-casual sandwiches, salads and wraps under $10.
- In-house hospitality designer Keoni Barcarse draws inspiration from the namesake neighborhood in Mexico City which served as a safe haven for groups escaping persecution, then home to a wealthy class and now a bohemian oasis for creative types: novelists, filmmakers, musicians and artists.
- Guests will be greeted by an industrial design featuring black iron elements and concrete countertops juxtaposed with art deco decor, saturated colors, opulent chandeliers and one-of-a-kind murals by renowned local artist Mata Ruda.
- The restaurant offers 12,000 square feet with a 350-person capacity and five private event spaces accommodating catering, various group sizes from 15 to 200 guests, and event types like holiday parties.
- Legal Restaurants has put together an award-winning and high caliber hospitality team including Partner & Chief Development Officer Nicholas Sanderson as well as World Food Championship Alumni Executive Chef Ricardo Heredia who gained acclaim at The Cosmopolitan’s China Poblano in Las Vegas and recently headed Legal Restaurants’ first venue, The Florence in San Diego.
- • Condesa is located on the street level of Renaissance Square, a commercial real estate and office building located in downtown Phoenix on 1st Ave. and Washington St.
For more information, visit: www.condesaphx.com
Motivational Monday: Impact Gymnastics Academy
Winter Camp at Impact Gymnastics Academy Keep your kids active during the winter break. This winter break camp offers lots of gymnastics, activities, games, crafts and special guests and more. No gymnastics experience necessary.
Dates: Mon - 12/23/2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Thu - 12/26/2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Fri - 12/27/2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Mon - 12/30/2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Tue - 12/31/2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Thu - 01/02/2020 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Fri - 01/03/2020 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Ages 4 and up.
Full Day, Half Day and Advanced Hours available.
- 1/2-day camp is $50
- Full day Camp is $70
Drop in rate:
- 1/2-day camp: $60
- Full day camp: $80
Please sign up online via parent portal at www.impactgymaz.com.
Impact Gymnastics serves children across the valley with easy access from the Loop 101 and SR51 freeways. Their distinct programs include tumbling, recreational and competitive gymnastics, creative winter and summer camps, birthday parties and customized programs directed at students with special needs, homeschool gymnastics programs and sports agility curriculums.
For more information visit: Impact Gymnastics www.impactgymaz.com or phone:(602) 870-7574
Impact Gymnastics Academy 7812 N 12th St, Phoenix, AZ 85020
Dr. Sharon Thompson: The Health Benefits of Giving
Why giving feels good
• A 2006 study on charitable donation performed MRI scans on donors. They found that after people donated, the part of their brains that "lit up," is the part of the brain that controls feelings of reward and pleasure (also activated by food, drugs and sex etc.)
• Giving has also been linked to the release of the hormone oxytocin which produces feelings of = warmth, euphoria, and connection to others (produced by mothers during birth)
Mental health benefits of giving
- Giving and volunteering is consistently correlated with
- Greater self-esteem
- Life satisfaction
- Sense of purpose
- Decrease your risk of symptoms such as sadness or lack of energy
- Greater feelings of personal control over their lives
- Quicker recovery from depressive symptoms caused by the grief after a loss of a loved one.
Physical health benefits
- Lower blood pressure
- Decreased stress
- Increased longevity
- One 2013 study, for example, randomly divided 100 high school students into a group of volunteers and a group of non-volunteers.
- Volunteers (once a week for two months) ended up with lower LDL ("bad") cholesterol and a lower average BMI than non-volunteers
- A recent study in which adults with heart disease, who had spent up to 200 hours helping others in the previous year, were less likely to have a heart attack or die in the following two years
- According to a 1999 University of California Berkeley study, people who were 55 and older who volunteered for two or more organizations were 44 percent less likely to die over a five-year period than those who didn’t volunteer
- In a 2003 study on elderly couples, individuals who provided practical help to friends, relatives, or neighbors, or gave emotional support to their spouses, had a lower risk of dying over a five-year period than those who didn’t.
When we give to others, we don’t only make them feel closer to us; we also feel closer to them.
A Harvard study showed that when one person behaves generously, it inspires observers to behave generously later, toward different people.
Opportunities to give:
- Organize a fundraiser
- Sign up for a charity walk
- Volunteer your time
- Donate money to charity
- Perform household services for others
- Donate your hair
- Donate clothing
- Donate unused household items and food
- Participate in Giving Tuesday on December 3!
For more information: https://centralphoenixobgyn.com/
Central Phoenix Obstetrics and Gynecology, 926 East McDowell Road, #134, Phoenix, AZ 85006
Dave & Buster’s Tempe Marketplace
Dave & Buster’s is no longer just wings and burgers. The Tempe Marketplace location just launched a new Healthy Halo menu with healthy options like avocado lettuce wraps, bowls, grilled salmon and zoodles.
Additionally, people can score awesome deals on game day – every Thursday, Sunday and Monday) including $5 bar bites, $4 Coors Light 22 oz draft, $19.99 unlimited wings and get a $10 power card for FREE, come in every Sunday for a chance to win a trip to a Cardinals away game with The Birdgang and every Thursday, ASU students who bring in a valid ASU ID will get $20 in free game play.
- Download the NEW app and get 50% off your first game play purchase.
- Open on Thanksgiving at 4 p.m. to midnight.
For more information: https://www.daveandbusters.com/locations/tempe or phone: (480) 281-8456
Dave & Buster’s Tempe Marketplace 2000 E. Rio Salado Parkway Tempe, AZ 85281