Field Trip Friday: Litchfield Park
6 things to know about Litchfield Park
- The city, 20 miles west of Phoenix was corporated in 1987 and is only 3.3 square miles.
- Litchfield Park is known for its citrus and palm trees, as you can see when you visit the area.
- The town was created when Goodyear Tires sent their executive Paul Litchfield out west to buy land for cotton. He loved the area and it was eventually named after him.
- It also holds Arizona's first golf resort, The Wigwam Golf Resort and Spa was originally called the Organization House, built to house Goodyear Tire executives in Akron, Ohio.
- There are more than 6 million rose bushes growing at the Francis Rose Farm. The farm ships the bushes to California, Texas, New Jersey and stores like Home Depot sell them to the public.
- lego house
For more information on Litchfield Park visit: https://www.litchfield-park.org/
Concrete "Lego-Like" House built for Charity
Rod & Gary are brothers from Missouri who both served in the Air Force, retiring out of LAFB together in a combined ceremony. In 2004 they began the joint venture to build concrete, energy efficient homes. They describe their building materials (Insulated Concrete Forms) They resemble them to "Legos".
They wanted to do something fun with this idea and benefit a local charity. At a business expo Gary pitched the idea to one of the editors or our local paper (West Valley View). He is involved in the Special Olympics and we knew immediately that was a great fit. Rod is a service-disabled veteran.
For more information: www.CastleRockHomes.us or call: 623-935-5004
Castle Rock Homes 501 E Plaza Circle, Suite A, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
Litchfield Park Schools
- 'A' Rated School District
- #1 Elementary School District in Arizona
- TOP Ten of All Public Districts in the State
- Students within the City of Litchfield Park attend:
- -Litchfield Elementary School for Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- -Western Sky Middle School for Grades 6, 7 and 8.
- -Millennium High School.
To learn more visit: http://litchfield-park.org/1044/Schools
- AAA Four Diamond resort and Historic Hotel of America
- Located in the West Valley of Phoenix, 25 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- 331 casitas including 70 suites, 3 pools, 3 restaurants, only resort in Arizona with 3 golf courses
- 100-year anniversary for Organization House (first building on property)
- 90 years (2019) for resort opening to the public as a guest ranch on Thanksgiving Day in 1929
For more information: https://wigwamarizona.com/resort-history/
- Last year, Arizona exported about 75 percent of the rosebushes in the U.S.
- Been in business 20 years.
- They grow 6 million rose bushes in the West Valley.
- They don't actually use the rose flowers, rip up the plant for sale.
- Ship to Texas, California, Canada
- End up in Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
- This is harvest season.
- They DO NOT sell directly to consumer and the farm is not open to the public.
For more information: https://francisroses.com/
7995 N Reems Rd, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
With its variety of settings, Litchfield's rises to your every occasion. Meet friends for a nostalgic cocktail on the patio and awaken your appetite with wafting scents of blooming citrus and a pecan wood-stoked grill. Savor a cozy, romantic dinner at one of our intimate tables inside or out on the vibrantly landscaped veranda. Throw a fun, high-energy dinner party at our large, communal farm table for an entertaining, interactive experience where Chef de Cuisine Jason Paterno shares his talents and insights as he creates culinary masterpieces using a cooking fireplace. As the most exciting addition to the West Valley scene in years, Litchfield's is the community's new hub for dining, celebrating or just a bit of people watching over delectable drinks and hors d'oeuvres.
- Sunday Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday Saturday: 5pm-9pm
For more information: https://wigwamarizona.com/dining/
300 N Wigwam Boulevard, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
AZ Swing Kings Veteran's Day Concert
The City of Litchfield Park will be hosting a free concert by the Arizona Swing Kings Jazz Orchestra on Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11th. The concert will take place from 3-5 p.m. on the front lawn of The Wigwam at 300 E. Wigwam Blvd. in Litchfield Park. Concertgoers should bring blankets or lawn chairs, so they can enjoy listening to this special tribute concert entitled, "A Swingin' Salute to Veterans and the USA!
The AZ Swing Kings is a 19-piece big band including a vocalist. The group consists of professional all-star musicians who play the authentic sounds of the famous bands who represented the swing and jazz eras. The band is directed by Lenny King, founder and former leader of the Chicago Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra
The Arizona Swing Kings performance is the second concert of this season's Arts in the Park Live series. This season's concert series also includes:
- PebbleRock Band on Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 3-5pm
- Come Back Buddy on Sunday, February 10, 2019 from 3-5pm
- Desert Knights Band on Sunday, March 17, 2019 from 4-6pm
- Cold Shott and the Hurricane Horns on Friday, April 5, 2019 from 7-9pm (Season Finale)
All concerts are free and open to the public and take place on the front lawn of The Wigwam. Information about the Arizona Swing Kings can be found at www.azswingkings.com or by contacting band leader Len King at 623-388-4858 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details about Arts in the Park, please call 623-935-9040 or visit www.litchfield-park.org.
Litchfield Park Holiday Activities
- Thanksgiving at The Wigwam- Ballroom Lunch Buffet 12-4 p.m. children 3 & under are complimentary; Litchfield's 3 course prix fixie menu Thursday, November 22, 2018: Dinner, 3pm-7pm $62/adult & $22/child* (ages 4-12), children 3 & under are complimentary
- Annual Tree Lighting Event- Friday, November 23, 2018
- Breakfast with Santa Breakfast Buffet at Litchfield's- Saturdays Nov 24- Dec 22 and Sundays Dec 16 and 23. $25 adults and $12 for children ages 4 to12. Children 3 & under are complimentary
- Holiday Nights In Lights- Fridays: Dec. 7, 14, 21 on The Wigwam Front Lawn from 6-8 p.m.
For more information: https://www.litchfield-park.org/1280/Christmas-in-the-Park-Festival
The Wigwam Golf Club
- With three golf courses (Blue, Gold and Red), The Wigwam is Arizona's only 54-hole golf resort
- All three courses are open to the public as well as resort guests
- Originally opened in the 1930s with sand greens
- In the 1960s, legendary architect Robert Trent Jones Sr. designed Gold and Blue courses
- The Wigwam Golf Club has something for everyone
o Outstanding junior golf program First Tee of Phoenix facility
o Blue Course is a great golf course for beginners shorter and lots of grass
o Gold Course is ranked among the top golf courses in Arizona
- FootGolf, a combination of golf and soccer, is a great activity for the entire family
For more information: https://www.wigwamgolf.com/
- Between Christmas and New Year's (December 28-31) The Wigwam hosts The Patriot All-America Presented by the Valley Toyota Dealers
- The Patriot is played on The Gold Course and features 84 of the top collegiate golfers from around the world.
- Patriot All-America participants play for more than themselves or their school.
- Each golfer honors a fallen or severely injured soldier by carrying a golf bag bearing the name of that soldier.
- Participants receive a card with the soldier's story, so they can be familiar with who that person was, what they represented and how they were killed or wounded in action.
- Current PGA TOUR stars who played in the Patriot include Brooks Koepka, Justin Thomas, Bryson DeChambeau and Cameron Champ, who won the event in 2016.
- The tournament and the opening ceremonies are free to attend and is a chance to see golf's stars of tomorrow.
More information at www.PatriotAllAmerica.com
Wildlife World Zoo
Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium & Safari Park is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave., Litchfield Park, AZ (SE corner of State Route 303 and Northern Ave.) Open seven days a week, 365 days a year, including all holidays. Zoo exhibits are open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (last Zoo Admission is at 5:00 p.m.) Aquarium exhibits are open from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Admission includes access to the Zoo, Aquarium and Safari Park.
For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website: www.wildlifeworld.com.
LeMonds Aveda Salon and Spa
- The spa soft opened in July but had the grand opening on 11/3 and 11/4.
- Discuss grand opening, spa facility and Aveda brand
- 26,000 sq. ft., 15 treatment rooms, full service salon, private co-ed lap pool
- Sauna and steam rooms
- Aveda plant-based products
- Poolside services:
o Chair massage
o Eye treatment (this person will be prepared to field questions about the service)
o Speed of Light Hair Treatment (this person will be prepared to field questions about the service). This is a new product Aveda is rolling out that cuts your hair drying time in half.
For more information: https://lemondssalonspa.com/ or Phone: (623) 535-4967
195 N Old Litchfield Rd, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
Papa Paul's Pizza
- Newest restaurant on the block
- Same owner as Park Cafe and Old Pueblo
- (Also, was a town council member)
- Family has roots in Brooklyn (the pics on the walls) so he brought Brooklyn pizza to Litchfield Park
For more information: https://papa-pauls-brick-oven-pizza-pasta.business.site/ or Phone: (623) 215-6850
118 N Old Litchfield Rd, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
Clint Arthur / Best-selling Author
He is a best-selling author, a branding expert and a celebrity entrepreneur, and he teaches people how to break through their fears of public speaking. They say it's a #1 fear for a lot of folks, worse than death but Clint Arthur joins us to help us tackle that problem. He's also equipped with the 7 words you should give up in 2019, and how to make money moving your lips.
7 words you should never say:
5 & 6 You Know
How to make money when you speak:
- Move your lips
- Open your mind
- Never Stop
- Expect positive result
For more information on Clint Authur visit: https://www.clintarthur.tv/
James Van Praagh at the Celebrity Theatre
Join James Van Praagh at the Celebrity Theatre at 8 p.m. on Friday, November 9th in Phoenix Arizona! You'll experience Spirit from all angles in this amazing theatre in the round.
James will share Spiritual lessons gleaned from decades of speaking with the Spirit world, and deliver detailed messages of love, comfort and encouragement from loved ones on the other side. You'll leave forever changed with a fresh new perspective on life and death, a stronger connection to the spirit world and the comforting awareness that you are not alone!
Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets ($45, $75 and $150 includes pre/post show reception with photo) are on sale now at Celebrity Theatre, 440 N. 32nd St., in Phoenix, or online at www.celebritytheatre.com. To charge by phone, call 602-267-1600 ext. 1. All tickets are subject to a surcharge.
James recently launched The James Van Praagh School of Mystical Arts, a labor of love that has been years in the making. The online school offers a variety of multimedia learning experiences, from professional certifications to audio and video courses, with live calls and online forums. For more information about The James Van Praagh School of Mystical Arts go to www.jvpschoolofmysticalarts.com.
Fans of James can tune in to his popular Hay House Radio Show every Tuesday at 11:00 am pacific.
He also shares insights and messages from the Spirit realm through his website and blog at http://www.vanpraagh.com and via social media.
David Hernandez Music
David will be performing at Stacy's on Melrose Club on Friday November 9, 2018 at 10PM where he be debuting Kingdom: The Mixtape 23 original songs off the album and covers throughout the evening.
For more information: http://www.stacysatmelrose.com/
Stacy's at Melrose-4343 N 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013
The Official Kingdom: The Mixtape Album Release Party in Arizona at Kobalt on Saturday November 10, time is TBD, where winners will get to meet David and official autograph along with enjoy an evening celebrating with David.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/278146312817998/
Kolbalt-3110 N Central Ave #175, Phoenix, AZ 85013
Kolbalt Bar Website: https://www.kobaltbarphoenix.com/