(3TV/CBS 5)-- 2019 is the year of the pig on the Chinese Calendar.
Several celebrations have been held around the world, from China to Peru and even here in the Valley.
Good Morning Arizona decided to are celebrating in the kitchen with Ling & Louie's Asian Bar and Grill.
Restaurant chef John Banquil visited Good Morning Arizona to make some Szechuan Sea Bass.
Ling & Louie's has two Valley locations. For more information, visit lingandlouies.com.
Recipe: Szechuan Sea Bass
Ingredients: yield: 1 serving
Seabass filet skin-off 4 oz. wt.
• Salt & Pepper ½ tsp.
• Flour 1 cup
• Green Beans 3 oz. wt.
• Asparagus 3 oz. wt.
• Dried Chili Pods 6 each
• Mae Ploy Sweet Chili sauce 3 fl. oz.
• Orange Juice 1 fl. Oz.
• Diced Pineapple, 2 Tbsp.
• Sesame Seeds 1 tsp.
• Rice 6 oz. wt.
1. Cut the seabass filet into 1 oz. pieces on a bias.
2. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Dredge the fish pieces in seasoned flour.
4. Add oil to a hot saute pan and cook for 1 minute per side.
5. Remove the fish from the fryer and allow the oil to drain.
6. Place the green beans, asparagus in a heated saute pan and cook untl aldente.
7. Add the sauce and bring to a simmer.
8. Add the fish and quickly toss to coat.
9. Place the rice at the top corner of the plate.
10. Place the cooked veggies & fish in front of the rice.
11. Garnish with diced pineapples.