(3TV/CBS 5)--"Going gluten-free" is becoming more popular in the food world.
Whether it's for health reasons or by choice
Just because it's gluten-free, it doesn't mean it can't be delicious.
Shari Cole of Simply Shari's Cookies is sharing her recipe for gluten-free cookies.
Chocolate Pudding Pie
1 bag Simply Shari’s Fudge Brownie Cookies
1/8-cup Cup butter
4 cups Whole milk
1 cup Sugar
2/3-cup Natural cocoa powder
8 tsp. Gluten free cornstarch
5 Large egg yolks
3 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp. Fine salt
1-cup Whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Crush the cookies into fine crumbs in large mixing bowl. Melt butter and mix into cookie crumbs. Press cookie crumbs into a pie tine to form an even layer.
3. Bake the crust at 350 for 20 minutes. When done, allow crust to cool to room temperature.
4. Add 3 cups of milk, the sugar and the cocoa in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer.
5. Whisk the remaining cup of mil, cornstarch, egg yolks, salt and vanilla in a bowl. Temper the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture. Once tempered, add everything back to the saucepan and cook over medium high heat while constantly stirring until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to summer and mix until thick. Pour the pudding mixture into the piecrust. Set aside.
6. Whip 1 cup of whipping cream until soft peaks from. Spread whipped cream over the pudding mixture.
7. Move to refrigerator or freezer and allow to set.
1-bag Gluten free marshmallows
Large Hershey’s chocolate bar
1 bag Simply Shari’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Roast marshmallow over a gas stove using skew sticks
2. Sandwich roasted marshmallow and piece of chocolate bar between 2 Simply Shari’s cookies
Additional Information (Press release, guest bio, related statistics, ages of kids, etc.):