Chocolate Nut and Fruit Clusters
• 6 oz dark chocolate bars (at least 70% cocoa), chopped
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ginger powder
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
• ½ cup shelled unsalted pistachios
• ½ cup dried cherries
• Coarse salt (optional)
1) Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring often.
2) Stir in cinnamon, ginger and cayenne (if using).
3) Divide nuts and cherries among 12 paper-lined mini muffin cups and top with melted chocolate and coarse salt (if desired). Chill about 1 hour.
Nutrition Information per serving (1 cluster): Calories 124, Total fat 7 g, Saturated fat 4 g, Total carbohydrates 13 g, Sugar 9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 3 mg
Greek Yogurt with Savory Granola
• ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
• Halved grape tomatoes
• Sliced cucumber
• Finely chopped red onion
• Savory granola (see recipe below)
1) Top yogurt with desired amounts of vegetables and savory granola.
Savory Granola Ingredients:
• ½ cup crushed sesame crackers
• 1 Tbsp assorted chopped fresh herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, basil, mint, dill weed)
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ teaspoon loosely packed lemon zest
• 1/8 teaspoon table salt (optional)
1) Stir together sesame crackers, chopped fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon zest, and salt in medium bowl.
Nutrition Information: Calories 319, Total fat 13g, Saturated fat 2g, Sodium 378mg, Total carbohydrates 35g, Dietary fiber 2g, Total sugars 7g, Added sugars 0g, Protein 17g
Turmeric lime cucumber ice cubes
• 2 cups filtered water
• 2 tbsp turmeric powder
•½ cucumber, peeled
1. Place water and turmeric powder in a saucepan. Mix to combine. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Remove from the heat and strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
3. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Cut lime into slices and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
5. Cut cucumber into slices and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
6. Place cucumber and lime triangles into an ice cube tray.
7. Cover with turmeric mixture.