What kind of ID do I need to vote in person?
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) - When you arrive to vote at the polls on Election Day you will announce your name and place of residence to the election official. Then you will need to present your identification. Depending on the form of identification, you will show either one form of identification from List #1 or two different forms of identification from List #2 or 3.
Valid identification is also required prior to receiving a ballot at any in-person early voting location or emergency vote center or from a special election board.
List #1 - Sufficient Photo ID including name and address (One Required)
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Valid Arizona non-operating identification card
- Tribal enrollment card or another form of tribal identification
- Valid United States federal, state, or local government-issued identification
List #2 - Sufficient ID without a photograph that bears the name and address (Two Required)
- Utility bill of the elector that is dated within 90 days of the date of the election. A utility bill may be for electric, gas, water, solid waste, sewer, telephone, cellular phone, or cable television
- Bank or credit union statement that is dated within 90 days of the date of the election
- Valid Arizona Vehicle Registration
- Indian census card
- Property tax statement of the elector’s residence
- Tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification
- Arizona vehicle insurance card
- Recorder’s Certificate
- Valid United States federal, state, or local government-issued identification, including a voter registration card issued by the County Recorder
- Any mailing to the elector marked “Official Election Material”
List #3 - Mix & Match from Lists #1 & #2 (Two Required)
- Any valid photo identification from List 1 in which the address does not reasonably match the precinct register accompanied by a non-photo identification from List 2 in which the address does reasonably match the precinct register
- U.S. Passport without address and one valid item from List 2
- U.S. Military identification without address and one valid item from List 2