- 2 cups creamed corn
- 3 oz. (weight) sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup green chilis
- 10 oz. (weight) eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 12 oz. (weight) butter (room temperature)
- 160 g. (1 1/4 cup) AP flour
- 200 g. ( 1 2/3 cup) cornmeal
- 22 g. (1/8 cup or 1 3/4 Tbsp.) baking powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
Place skillets in a 425-degree oven (high fan).
Add the first 6 ingredients to a large bowl and mix with a wire whisk. Mix in butter with hands.
Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with a spatula until just barely combined.
Remove skillets from the oven and spray with Vegalene. Add filling to about 3/4 inch below top of skillet.
Bake 18-20 minutes until just set in the center.
Remove from oven and serve.
Save the leftovers for salad croutons.
Neighborly Public House | The Colony @ 5538 N 7th St., Phoenix