CAVE CREEK (3TV/CBS 5) -- A man attempted to put out a house fire in Cave Creek on Tuesday morning.

Rural Metro Fire Department said when the first firefighters arrived at the house near Scottsdale Road and Dixileta Drive, they found a two-story home with fire coming from the roof. A man who lives at the home was on the roof attempting to put the fire out with a garden hose.

According to Rural Metro, the man initially refused to come off the roof but eventually got down and attempted to run back into the burning home. He was stopped by a Maricopa County Sheriff deputy.

Fire crews from Phoenix and Scottsdale fought the fire for over two hours before it was brought under control. Rural Metro believes the fire possibly started as a chimney fire. 

At least two people were displaced and no injuries were reported.

 


Copyright 2019 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

 

Locations

Recommended for you