GILBERT, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -- A man has been arrested after a 16-year-old Gilbert boy ingested an unknown amount of fentanyl on Saturday.
According to court documents obtained by Arizona’s Family, the boy was found not breathing at his home after taking an unknown amount of Percocet, which was later found to be laced with an unknown amount of fentanyl. The boy was transported to Phoenix Children’s Hospital and remains in a medically induced coma and shows no brain activity.
While police were investigating the scene the next day, a friend of the victim reported the pills were obtained from 23-year-old Ricardo Hernandez. The friend told police he woke up at the house and noticed the victim was not breathing well and was having a medical episode. He called the victim’s mother and emergency personnel was dispatched to the scene.
Hernandez is currently being charged with reckless child abuse.