AVONDALE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -- A repairman was found dead in an Avondale home Thursday evening.
Family members have identified the repairman as Steve Ball, who was in his 60s.
Avondale Fire Department Capt. Ben Avita said fire crews located Ball, who was unresponsive. Ball had been working in an attic of a home near Avondale Boulevard and Lower Buckeye Road.
Firefighters said that this appears to be a heat-related death, but a medical examiner will confirm the official cause.
Further details were not immediately available.
Ball's family told Arizona's Family Friday that he lived to help others and owned his business for 30 years in the Valley.
Tiffany Ball, Steve's daughter, said "I don’t even know if this is real; I feel like I’m going to wake up in a bad dream."
"Everyday he told each one of his kids how special we were and how much he loved us. 'How’s my favorite daughter doing? How’s my favorite granddaughter doing,'" Tiffany Ball said.
Experts in the air conditioning repair business say it can be easy to forget to drink water and cool down while on the job.
"It's hard to remember that you've got to get that drink. So, you always have to put that in the back of your mind-- to grab another drink as you’re going up and down," said Mark Steven, of Forrest Anderson Plumbing and Air Conditioning. "I know the house is hot and the customer is uncomfortable, but they're not gonna get cooler any faster with you getting hurt."
Stay with Arizona's Family for more on this developing story.
This is Steve Ball the AC repairman who died yesterday working in an attic in Avondale. His family tells us he lived to help others and owned his business for 30 yrs here in the Valley. He was in his 60s. #azfamily pic.twitter.com/OA4cgtmeZC— Monica Garcia (@mgarcianews) July 19, 2019