PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) – As Father’s Day approaches – It’s Sunday, June 20 – Arizona dads have the unique chance to come together for a special virtual forum. Arizona’s Family anchor and reporter Spencer Blake, who has two young sons, will host “Dad Life: A Virtual Chat for AZ Dads,” on June 13.
The Arizona Department of Child Services is putting on the event because they know not only that dads do it all but also that they “thrive in fatherhood when they connect with one another.” While every dad had his own parenting style and his path to parenthood is unique, the joys and struggles are the same for all fathers.
“We want to offer an opportunity for Dads in our community to come together, laugh, commiserate and celebrate all things fatherhood,” DCS said.
Blake will be joined by a group of five panelists.
- Thomas Claiborn, Arizona DCS Parent Advisory Collaborative member
- Edward Casillas, 2021 Casey Excellence for Children Birth Father Award winner
- Allan Stockellburg, Parent Aid executive director
- Kevin Patterson, LGBTQA and Project Jigsaw advocate
- Steve Nelson, NFL cornerback formerly with the Kansas City Chiefs and Pittsburgh Steelers,
The panel will cover a variety of topics, including a discussion about the support fathers need at home and at work, their favorite things about being a dad and things that surprised them, the positive changes they’ve seen in themselves since becoming a parent, the best advice they got about fatherhood, what they wished they had known before becoming a dad, and what they would share with fathers-to-be.
The group will also take questions from other members of "the dads' club."
The live Facebook event is Sunday, June 13, at 5 p.m.