Glendale barbecue accident

File photo of the Jan. 27. scene.

GLENDALE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - Weeks after suffering burns because of a barbecue accident in Glendale, a 12-year-old boy has died.

The Glendale Fire Department confirmed the tragic news on Friday.

Investigators said the boy was lighting a grill with gasoline when it flashed on him on Jan. 27 in the area of 57th Avenue and Cactus Road. He had burns on more than 95% of her body when he was taken to the hospital.

A man was also burned but it's unclear how badly.

 

Copyright 2021 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Locations

Recommended for you