PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- It's National Cheesecake Day! A day dedicated to heavenly, sweet creamy and spongy dessert. To honor this wholesome day, Good Morning Arizona's Tess Rafols is trying out Cheesecake Factor's recipe for Coconut Macaroon Cheesecake Cups.
However, keep in mind if you find yourself seeking out these sweet treats that the Coconut Macaroon Cheesecake Cups are not actually sold in the restaurant. The chain just wanted to share a fun recipe for people to make at home in honor of this celebratory day! Full details and more Cheesecake Factory recipes here.
- 2-1/2 cups Coconut Flakes, shredded & sweetened
- ¼ cup Sugar, granulated
- 5 Egg whites from large eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 TBSP + 1-1/2 tsp. Butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Melted Chocolate
- Deeply Chilled Slices of The Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake (We recommend White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle™, Dulce De Leche Caramel & Vanilla Bean Cheesecake)
- Whipped Cream
- Sundae Toppings (We recommend Toasted Coconut, Toffee Pieces & Dark Chocolate Shavings)
COCONUT MACAROON CUP INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the Coconut Flakes in a large mixing bowl and stir with a spatula to breakup any chunks.
- Add the Sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the Egg Whites & Vanilla. Stir to evenly coat all the coconut.
- Add Melted Butter and continue to stir until coconut is evenly coated.
- Spray non-stick spray into a 12-well muffin tin.
- Use a 1 oz. scoop to scoop ¼ cup of Coconut Mixture into each well of the muffin tin. Use your fingers to press the mixture into the bottom & sides of each well to form the shape of a cup. Use the bottom of a glass or small plastic container to press down and tightly pack the coconut into each well.
- Transfer to pre-heated oven and bake until light golden brown (approximately 20-24 minutes).
- Allow to cool before assembling cheesecake cups.
COCONUT MACAROON CHEESECAKE CUP ASSEMBLY
- Spread Melted Chocolate inside cooled Coconut Macaroon Cup.
- Use an ice cream scoop to take a scoop of cheesecake from the deeply chilled slice. Place scoop into prepared Coconut Macaroon Cup with melted chocolate. Use a spoon to flatten down the cheesecake so it’s level.
- Cover top of cheesecake with Whipped Cream.
- Sprinkle with Toppings.